Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Welcome to 40 Something Fitness


After the first of this year my Wife and I decided we needed to lose weight as our clothes were not fitting well at all and we were expanding. After 3 months of changing our eating habits and adding just a little exercise into our lives, I was able to lose 28 pounds.

This blog will fill you in on what worked for me, what foods I ate, what exercise I did and all that I have learned so far about improving my health and creating a healthy lifestyle for someone who is pushing into his late 40's.

This is not going to be some "namby, pamby" tofu eating, vegan kind of effort. I like to grill and BBQ, I drink Beer. I enjoy mountain biking and hiking, and by hiking I mean I have hiked Mt. Washington in New Hampshire on a few occasions as well as some easier trails.

This is not going to be some macho, vein bulging "Bro fest" celebrating all things manly either. No unrealistic fully ripped muscle building here. No inappropriate behavior nor any bias.

I hope you enjoy what I share here and will let me know if something I post has helped you improve your general wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment