Friday, April 13, 2012

Gadgets! - LG HBS-700

From time to time I'll bring you some gadget info that you may find useful and so far I like my LG-HBS-700 stereo Bluetooth headset. No wires bouncing or tangling me up during a power walk or bike ride. The music plays crystal clear and its easy to skip through songs in a playlist. It stays put around my neck so even bending to do some exercises or dumbbell workouts is easy as the phone can stay on the floor or shelf and not on my hip getting in the way.

Volume controls are simple and I have found no static interference yet. I walk across a pedestrian bridge that spans the commuter rails and the power lines there don't effect the sound quality at all. When a call comes in, answering is easy as it pauses the music for you and its a simple touch of a button.

I use a Blackberry Torch 9850 and it paired with no problems. Its designed to work with Apple iPhone and Android phones as well. It also works well playing games on my Blackberry Playbook. It works with the music feature of my fitness app on the phone by pausing the music to give feedback during a workout. Although I did have a dropped call while using it with the fitness app, and I don't get enough calls during a workout to know if it was a glitch or not, its not enough to dislike this headset.

The ear buds fit into the ends of the headset for storage and held there magnetically, but I find they pop out easily so don't grab them from your pocket or gym bag by the buds as you may pull the bud out of the body of the headset. Charging is done simply via micro USB.

Overall I give the LG HBS-700 Bluetooth stereo headset 4.5 out of 5 stars and its currently listed on Amazon for around $60.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment