Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Portion Control

The first thing that was challenging for me was portion control. It was clear that I was over eating. As a kid we were taught to clean our plate and go back for seconds. As adults we follow the same patterns.

Measuring a cup of pasta or weighing out 4 ounces of chicken breast always sounded like it would never be enough food for one meal. Until I did it.

I was surprised that when I measured out what I was eating for dinner, that I really was full with the recommended portion size. A cheap kitchen scale was necessary for most foods as are a good set of measuring cups and spoons. A quick way to gauge a 4 ounce portion of meat is compare it to a deck of cards.

Try to control your portion sizes for a few weeks and see if your weight drops. If you stick to it, I know you will drop the pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment